All of these classes and workshops are also offered as Individual Sessions.
Therapeutic Art Classes, Workshops, and Individual Sessions
Therapeutic Art Classes and Workshops are a fun way to explore our feelings and promote well being and healing. Learn more about what Therapeutic Art is. They can help us better deal with stress, anxiety, anger, sadness, grief and other emotions and challenging life experiences. Our class activities involve right brain exercises to enhance creativity and self-awareness. The creative activities may bring our awareness to lesser known parts of ourselves, some parts we will love and appreciate, and other parts we are less comfortable acknowledging about our personalities. Both can help us grow and live happier, healthier lives.Therapeutic Art activities may include...
- Creating a Vision Board
- Painting or drawing our moods and feelings
- Writing affirmations and love letters to ourselves
- Face painting
- Mask making
- Puppet play
- Making an emotion wheel
- Drawing Zentangles
- Creating Mandalas
- Creating SoulCollage® Cards
- Writing a poem or creating an alter as a memorial for a loved one
- Painting or collaging a self-portrait
- Writing stories or poems as if speaking in the voice of imaginary characters
- Dancing free form to uplifting music
- Making a journal of images and meaningful poems or sayings
- Writing a letter (which may or may not be sent) that expresses our feelings
- Making a file of uplifting images to look at when feeling low
- Marching, stomping, swaying, twirling to music of different tempos
Materials Used in the Therapeutic Art Classes
These mixed-media art workshops and classes use all kinds of art materials – pencils, pens, crayons, markers, magazine images and words, watercolor paints, fabric, trims, glue, glitter, found objects and anything else we can think of – to express an idea, a feeling, a mood, to create an abstract, realistic or symbolic image on paper or posterboard.